Traveling with Guns and Equiptment

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

rhino6550

Traveling with Guns and Equiptment

Post by rhino6550 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

This may be a stupid question but are there any regulations on air travel and airsoft guns? I might be visiting a family member that has a pretty cool field near their house and i am just curious what it might take for me to get on a plane with my stuff. I know i can't take it in carryon but i am wondering if it is alright to check it? Does anyone know?

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: Traveling with Guns and Equiptment

Post by Touchette » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:28 pm

You can either check the airsoft gun(s) unloaded, in a locked, hard sided gun case, or you can package them up and mail them to your destination. Many people in the airsoft community have done both, but if you decide to check them, you will need to follow all TSA guidelines for transporting a firearm, look at this site for more information on that.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

bikemancs
MAA Member

Re: Traveling with Guns and Equiptment

Post by bikemancs » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 am

The general rule for transporting in your car or plane (or bus or train...) is to treat them as live firearms, but know they aren't. Follow TSA / state laws for transport of a firearm. With the TSA, a note explaining they are Airsoft may be beneficial as they'll look weird as heck going through the luggage scanners and may be pulled for inspection.

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”