help for newbies

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

lastdragon77

help for newbies

Post by lastdragon77 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello i am new to the boards but not to the sport i am in need of help understanding my way around here. I would love to be apart of a team asap maybe and proved myself to the other newbies and veterans on MAA. Please help in any way possible
[code] Alpha foxtrot Orion whiskey Hotel

DeltaOP4
A Regular

Re: help for newbies

Post by DeltaOP4 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:12 am

Well first off welcome. You will find that forum use is not quite on the same level of use as
facebook is (which I refuse to get) but you will still be able to ask questions and find game info and so on. As far as finding a team goes, just make your way out to some games find a group of people you like to play with, and start a new team, or see if you can work your way into an existing one that fits you well. Not really a good way to tell if personalities and play styles will mesh over the internet.

lastdragon77

Post by lastdragon77 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 am

Well thank you for the welcome, I also refuse to get facebook i used to have one but not anymore cause of too much drama. So for the game thing would i have to travel far to a game and where would the arenas be located at where they play? where would i go on this website to find the game listings and where they are at?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:13 am

Hello,

Welcome. I am the crotchety old timer on the boards. While I get irritable and may sound like I am scolding you for silly questions, I am! Please ask them.

That is due to me being in the "industry" since the 20th century and sadly that makes me a know it all.

However, don't let me online persona fool you, I can be a dink online, but I am 180 opposite in real life.

Also, in the spring or around March (summer 2016 at this rate due to El Nino) the MAA Con will occur and you can pick up lots of equipment and items at a very good price.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

lastdragon77

Post by lastdragon77 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:08 pm

ok cool Where would the MAA con be at so i can plan it out even though it is way in the future?

DeltaOP4
A Regular

Post by DeltaOP4 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Every one I've been to is at the Brooklyn Park National Guard Armory.

Razinger

Post by Razinger » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Welcome

Razinger | The one, The only..

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”