Please allow me to introduce myself...

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Screwface Romeo

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by Screwface Romeo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:40 pm

... I'd say I'm a man of wealth and taste, but then I'd be straight up lying.

Hi, I'm Screwface Romeo. You can call me Screwface, you can call me Romeo, I don't much care. I've been interested in the sport for a long time, and now I've got the income to actually support it (rather than being the jerk who brings his plastic AK held together with woodscrews). I've been interested in real-steel guns (particularly the historical, the overlooked and the bizarre) and military history for most of my life, and I've always thought airsoft would be a great deal of fun, so I'm excited to see how this board and this organization pans out for me. I'm looking to maybe become a member of MAA, and definitely to get involved with games.

I've been a long time user of other forums, and I assure you (and especially you, modstaff) that I loath the typical new kid personality with the same intensity you do. I like to think I've got a good grasp of forum etiquette, but every board is different, so I'll do my best to keep up on the rules and make sure I'm not being a nuisance. That said, I know I'm new to this board, and to the sport, so if I'm screwing up, I'd love to know so that I can fix it.

I like to think that I'm an easygoing and tolerant person, but when it comes to gun and military-related forums, I will stay as far away from politics as I possibly can. Y'all probably will not agree with me, and I'd rather have a good time talking about a mutual interest than go for a run on the oh-so-tiresome insult treadmill. My rule of thumb is simple: we're all good people, so respect my opinions and I'll respect yours.

I'm here first and foremost to learn. I can recite the AR-15 cycle of functioning blindfolded and tell you the difference between .223 and 5.56, but I don't know shit about what all goes in a version.2 gearbox, or the difference between the different versions, for that matter. Between YouTube and stuff here, I'm hoping to pick up as much airsoft technical knowledge as I can, as quick as I can, so I can have an intelligent conversation with people, rather than sounding like an annoying noob. So bear with me if I'm not on par with y'all right out the gate.

Well, I think I've rambled on for long enough. Tl;Dr? I'm here to learn, have a good time, and get involved with a sport that looks like it's going to kick some major ass.
Walking the line between Mall Ninja and Retro Grouch with the help of MagPul, Forgotten Weapons, and a lot of Sailor Jerry Naval Rum.

Arsenal
  • WE M1911 Custom
  • KWC SIG-Sauer P226/X-Five
  • WE M&P9
  • WinGun 4in Revolver
  • ICS MP5SD
    JG AUG-A-3
[/size]

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 am

Hello, welcome...

Check the FAQ's while dated...it has relevant information.

Two of the industries oldest Airsoft techs lurk on this board. They can assist with most of your needs...with that...Look around and ask away.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Screwface Romeo

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by Screwface Romeo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:28 am

Guges Mk3 wrote:Hello, welcome...

Check the FAQ's while dated...it has relevant information.

Two of the industries oldest Airsoft techs lurk on this board. They can assist with most of your needs...with that...Look around and ask away.
Thanks, will do!
Walking the line between Mall Ninja and Retro Grouch with the help of MagPul, Forgotten Weapons, and a lot of Sailor Jerry Naval Rum.

Arsenal
  • WE M1911 Custom
  • KWC SIG-Sauer P226/X-Five
  • WE M&P9
  • WinGun 4in Revolver
  • ICS MP5SD
    JG AUG-A-3
[/size]

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”