MAA member

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

xfactor

MAA member

Post by xfactor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:37 am

possibly a dumb question but how do you become an MAA member?????

Sharpshot
MAA Member

Re: MAA member

Post by Sharpshot » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 am

Short answer: Come to games that we personally run (MAA Open Session/Mini-Ops), and get to know the current members. While MAA members do go to games that we don't run, our games are the best bet to find a lot of us in the same place. Some of us are easy to spot (Wear MAA patches, ref shirts, etc), others of us, not so much. When in doubt, just ask a member you can easily identify who the other ones at the current game are. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to us. That is actually the best way to start to get us to begin watching you to determine if we would want you to become a member. After a certain period of time watching you after you have expressed interest in becoming a member, we vote, and if the majority wants you to be a member, you get accepted into the club.

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

xfactor

Post by xfactor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm

ok cool, when and where are some of the matches??

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:36 pm

They are usually announced at least a month prior. I don't believe we have anything scheduled for this next year as of right now. I wouldn't expect anything till after the MAA Aircon that should hopefully be sometime in the March/april region. these are all things that will be up in our january member meeting, so we haven't talked about any of it as of yet.

Advice: Keep your eyes and ears open, find games that some of us will be at as some of us are more active at open plays at various fields in the region (I plan on being at TCA as much as possible this next season as well as hosting a game put on by Echelon and CC's Operators, and reprising my role as red team general at the Giant Airsoft Game to defend my title)

Finding a couple MAA members that are regulars at fields will be a more surefire way to get to know someone in the club and get an 'in' and then you can worry about going with them to larger MAA events and having them introduce you to others. just coming to an MAA event and attempting to get to know everyone when nobody knows who you are will just leave everyone scratching their heads going "who was that"
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Summer. There are games held regularly at Twin Cities Airsoft, but I don't know if any members are going to them right now.

Adding a bit to what Sharp said: Be chatty. I personally won't vote for any new member that I don't know. I'm not saying that we have to hang out or anything, but I have to know who you are, and that you're a decent enough guy. The best way for that to happen is random BSing while walking around the field. Name tapes help, too. I'm bad with names, so even if you introduce ourself to me at the start of the game, I'll probably forget it three minutes later. It's easier to keep track of people when I get their name's ever time I look at them.
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:03 am

I go trippy. plan on being there fairly often (as much as I can swing, living down in I-O-WA right now as I am). I know andre has been there as well.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”