Interested in Airsoft.

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Rock Hound

Interested in Airsoft.

Post by Rock Hound » Sat May 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Good day all!
I have looked into Airsoft for a little bit here, and have really only been exposed through YouTube, namely via the Green Mountain Rangers, and Operation Lion Claws. I have briefly searched through the forums here, so I will try to keep it short. There is a lot of good information here pertaining to fields to play at and what equipment to get. I also very much like the no tolerance there appears to be for people pretending to be soldiers.

My question is; other than the necessary PPE's, an AEG (might be useful in Airsoft), following rules, etc. What other recommendations would you have for someone who has not dealt with airsoft before?

Possible options for starting, let me know what you think!

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/ind ... ts_id=6872
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=11525
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=12349

Thank you in advance!

p.s. Hope this is the right forum to post this in. :|
“Be quick, be quiet, and be on time.”
-Clarence "Kelly" Johnson

Archer
MAA Member

Re: Interested in Airsoft.

Post by Archer » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14 pm

You posted in exactly the right spot. You've gotten some exposure to lion claws through youtube, which is great because your looking at and aspiring to one of the highest levels of airsoft there is, though for the first couple years or so that is most likely going to be a bit out of reach. as for the Green Mountain Rangers, well.. Lets just say that everyone has their own opinion of everybody else and there are quite a few people out there that aren't fans of them.

as for the gun, goggles and helmet, you can get any of those at a better price, with better service, and be able to actually handle product before you buy from any of our local sellers.

There is Dan Magnusson aka Master TCAA here on the boards. he has a business (Opfor Airsoft) where he sells gear, guns and does tech work. He has a shop in Otsego.
There is also GugesMK3 whom is a broker and can get you just about anything you want, though he specializes in GBB stuff.
Then there is also Airsoft station, CC's military surplus and a couple other local vendors in the area. I'd highly recommend going to these guys first, before you start ordering online. give you an idea of what you need to get started and what sort of things are going to be quality buys from reliable sellers.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Rock Hound

Re: Interested in Airsoft.

Post by Rock Hound » Sun May 12, 2013 11:22 am

Thank you for responding so promptly. Yes, the Lion Claws scenarios seem very fast paced, and it would definitely take some time to get to that level of game play and equipment I am sure.

I looked at some of the local vendor sites you mentioned, and they are a significantly better option in terms of variety and price from what I have seen so far. I will also talk to Master TCAA and GugesMK3 soon to get a better feel for what prices are reasonable and what equipment is necessary.

Thank you for your time!
“Be quick, be quiet, and be on time.”
-Clarence "Kelly" Johnson

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”