New to the Forum...

If you are new to the boards make sure you read this forum before posting.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Post Reply
User avatar
arrice13
Almost A Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 am
Location: Rockford, MN.
Contact:

New to the Forum...

Post by arrice13 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:48 am

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and just wanted to drop a "Hello!" message for ya. My name is Andrew, and I am fairly new to airsoft, I have never played any games outside of my backyard. But I hope to in the future. I am 13 years old, but I will be turning 14 the end of September, and I hope to join you guys in one of the open games at SFP. I live in Rockford MN and was quite happy to find that airsoft games are played at SFP, which is about 10-20 minutes from my house.

I don't presently own any Airsoft guns, but once I get my birthday money in 2 months I hope to get a Tactical Force TF16 from Cabelas. It shoots between 350-380 fps, although I'm not sure what grain of bb it shoots that velocity with.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to all of you.

Happy to be on the forum,
~Andrew

User avatar
Bunny
MAA Member
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Burnsville, MN
Contact:

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by Bunny » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:12 am

Welcome! I encourage you to do some reading of the sticky threads around the various sections here - there is a wealth of information for you.

No offense or anything, but that gun is going to be a piece of crap. Save about $20-$40 more and get yourself a JG or Echo-1 gun, it will last you MUCH longer.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

siuss

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by siuss » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 am

arrice13 wrote:I am 13 years old, but I will be turning 14 the end of September, and I hope to join you guys in one of the open games at SFP.
Just so you know you will have to wait until you are at least 14 to play.
arrice13 wrote:I don't presently own any Airsoft guns, but once I get my birthday money in 2 months I hope to get a Tactical Force TF16 from Cabelas. It shoots between 350-380 fps, although I'm not sure what grain of bb it shoots that velocity with.
Just so you know places like Cabelas aren't the greatest places to get airsoft guns, sites like http://airsoftgi.com/ are much better.

User avatar
arrice13
Almost A Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 am
Location: Rockford, MN.
Contact:

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by arrice13 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am

Bunny wrote:Welcome! I encourage you to do some reading of the sticky threads around the various sections here - there is a wealth of information for you.

No offense or anything, but that gun is going to be a piece of crap. Save about $20-$40 more and get yourself a JG or Echo-1 gun, it will last you MUCH longer.

Clark
Ok, thanks for the advice. As I said, I'm new to airsoft and I don't know what guns are good.

User avatar
DFSM
MAA Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: River Falls, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by DFSM » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 am

arrice13 wrote:
Bunny wrote:Welcome! I encourage you to do some reading of the sticky threads around the various sections here - there is a wealth of information for you.

No offense or anything, but that gun is going to be a piece of crap. Save about $20-$40 more and get yourself a JG or Echo-1 gun, it will last you MUCH longer.

Clark
Ok, thanks for the advice. As I said, I'm new to airsoft and I don't know what guns are good.
Don't worry about it. Read the stuff in the newbie forum, there's great information there. Use the search bar, it will probably answer most of your questions without you having to make a new topic.

Oh, and welcome.
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

User avatar
Wolfwood
MAA Member
Posts: 5356
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:01 am
Location: St. Paul, MN
Contact:

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by Wolfwood » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 am

Welcome to our boards!

I appreciate your honesty in age, and we always welcome younger players who are mature enough to wait until they're 14 to play. I look forward to seeing you on the field.

For guns, don't buy at Cabellas. I am not sure who actually makes that fun (hint: It's not Cabellas) but you're better off going with a trusted source. For lower end guns I would take a peak at Vortex's sales thread, or talk to Irish (with his mad Evike hook-ups). You can also find deals on used guns on the board, a good way to get a higher end gun without paying much more than a low-ender.

Also, don't focus so much on FPS. Quality of build is more important.
Doc Holliday: My hypocrisy goes only so far.
Somewhere out there is 6mm of plastic with your name on it.
A strong arguement attacks the merits of a point. A weak arguement attacks the person who established the point.

User avatar
DaveTheAirsoftGuy
Extremely Regular
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by DaveTheAirsoftGuy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm

Welcome! read everything you think is intresting and youll pick all of this up quick my firend! see you on the field!

-Dave
"success is not final. failure is not fatal. its the courage and will to continue that counts!"
for those who have given there time and lives to our country, I thank you

Fireteam | Saber

User avatar
arrice13
Almost A Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 am
Location: Rockford, MN.
Contact:

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by arrice13 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm glad I came here before buying from Cabelas. I was just looking at Vortex's sales and he has some really nice guns for quite cheap, so I think I'll probably order from him when I get a gun.

User avatar
Sharpshot
MAA Member
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by Sharpshot » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm

hey welcome to the boards :D

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

User avatar
Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: Hugo, Mn

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Welcome to the boards, you will enjoy playing at SPF when you are able too.
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

Chaser

Re: New to the Forum...

Post by Chaser » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Welcome. Also, you may want to be aware (not a big issue) that BBs are measured by "grams" not "grains". Grains (60mg=1 grain) are for bullets and medicine (and a few others).

You've joined a fantastic forum. The stickies and search buttons are chalk full of great information, and for those times you CAN'T find it with those methods, there are some of the most amazing resources here for your information and they're willing to help. I look forward to hopefully seeing you out on the field someday!!
~Chaser

Post Reply

Return to “Newbie info - Archive - FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest