P90 Advice

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

rhino6550

P90 Advice

Post by rhino6550 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 am

I am thinking about maybe starting a new platoform with a P90 as a base. Wondering what i should be looking for. if anyone could give me some advice as to what gun i should pick up as a base and then can look into upgrading from there or if i should just stay away from the platform entirely. Can anybody help me out?

Archer
MAA Member

Re: P90 Advice

Post by Archer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:55 pm

The man with the P90 plan would be Faust. I'm not sure how often he checks this, but you might try sending him a PM to get his attention if he doesn't catch this right away.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:57 pm

What kinds of upgrades are you looking at doing? Internally, there's not a lot of difference between a P90 and just about any other AEG. Externally there are not nearly as many available upgrades for the P90 as some other platforms - most notably various AR15s. But there are some super unique mods available, and nothing really quite looks like a P90.

In terms of real usability it's a compact and ergonomic system that really shines in CQB. It can mount optics easily, there's a good place for a light but you need a pressure tape to activate it with any amount of comfort, otherwise there aren't a ton of places for other add-ons. Mags are a problem, they're large and awkward to carry, there aren't a lot of options for mag pouches, and there are really no good options for hi-caps at all.

Batteries can also be an issue. I haven't used my P90 in a while because none of my LiPos fit it.
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 am

I have lipos that fit!
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Return to “Guns Discussion”