Dmr question

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

Monarch416

Dmr question

Post by Monarch416 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm

So im in the process of gathering/ buying stuff for one of my first times going to twin cities airsoft. so i just want a little info on the viability of running a dmr at twin cities airsoft since they seem to have alot of differnt fields/game areas. The question is whether or not it would be worth it to run a dmr?

My planned build if anyones curious. Any advice is appreciated
Apex r5 battlemod 14 gen 2.
Noveske replica recon barrel 16".
Moe pistol grip for aeg's.
Moe trigger gaurd.
Angel custom tunable flat trigger.
Already comes with tightbore barrel stock.
Possibly a flat hop setup.
And im having it programmed to semi auto only since it shoots at 400fps
And the only attachment is a barska 1-4 power red and green illumination scope.

ibleedbullets
Still A Newbie

Re: Dmr question

Post by ibleedbullets » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 pm

One thing I would change in your build is the MOE pistol grip. They aren't very comfortable to use for an extended period of time when your gun is front heavy (as a dmr usually is). I would suggest just a regular A2 style pistol grip or G26 style grip that contours to your hand. Those have given me the best wrist relief when I had my 2 different dmr's

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: Dmr question

Post by Touchette » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:15 pm

ibleedbullets wrote:One thing I would change in your build is the MOE pistol grip. They aren't very comfortable to use for an extended period of time when your gun is front heavy (as a dmr usually is). I would suggest just a regular A2 style pistol grip or G26 style grip that contours to your hand. Those have given me the best wrist relief when I had my 2 different dmr's
While those grips may be better for you ibleedblullets, they may not be the best choice for everyone. I, for example, find the Magpul grips more comfortable than an A2 or G26, I've never found grips with built in finger to be that comfortable actually. Monarch may even learn that he prefers another kind of grip altogether. With an AEG you can't change the grip angle anyway, since the motor needs to rest at a particular angle, and that's really the thing that would best help with wrist strain.

Just keep in mind that while the gun may be styled like a DMR, you won't get any better performance than any other AEG can muster; you're just doing it cause you want to achieve a certain look. There's nothing wrong with that, lots of people do it, I just want to make sure you're not expecting something extra.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Return to “Guns Discussion”