KC-02 as good as it looks?

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

Svolski

KC-02 as good as it looks?

Post by Svolski » Mon May 04, 2015 4:53 am

The KJ KC-02 has been around for a while, but I still have some questions for the KC-02 elites...:

1. Are the short mags really much worse than the longer ones?
2. What is the average fps deviation compared to other gbbr's?
3. Would a larger or smaller inner barrel bore be recommended for a gbbr?
4. Is the KJ M4 npas that can be used in this by RA tech durable at all?

Thanks.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: KC-02 as good as it looks?

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:36 pm

1. Short mags...smaller surface...smaller heat sink. With Gas guns its all about the heat! More surface area is conducive to maintaining FPS.

2. It varies. Depends on the gas your using and the ambient temps and what your comparing it do. Without additional details you cannot compare.

Example: Propane Derivatives in 90 degree heat. Same as "other" GBBR.

However, the answer is rather vague as like your question. Please add additional details for an accurate comparison.

3. A more consistent barrel is RECOMMENDED for all Airsoft guns. For a GBB, a tighter bore is more performance enhancing to a point and then the bore quality trumps tightness.

4. Durable...yes.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Svolski

Post by Svolski » Mon May 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you, my questions were vague but I've heard some bad things about npas valves in general. For the shorter mags, is it feasable to shoot through your whole clip and have the bolt catch back every time?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 am

Svolski wrote:Thank you, my questions were vague but I've heard some bad things about npas valves in general. For the shorter mags, is it feasable to shoot through your whole clip and have the bolt catch back every time?
And there are very good results with NPAS valves in WOC and KWA products too. Both of which have a long history of good performance.

As for shooting through the whole magazine and locking back the bolt. It again depends.

Use 134A when its 65 degrees out, no. When it's 95 degrees out...yes. etc...etc.

Gas guns are not overly simplistic. It is a complex pressure game that you should know via the thermal properties of the gas your using and the equation: PV=nRT (High School Science)

P = Pressure, V = Volume, n = number of molecules, R = Contant, T = Temperature.

So...if you fill a mag. The base line is set. Pressure, Volume (fixed for magazines), n and T.

When you start shooting, n drops due to the expelling gasses, thermal dynamic properties of the gas will also draw heat from the magazine wall, thus it drops T. With n and T dropping on the right side of the equation numbers have to drop on the left side. Since Volume is fixed...P is going to take the hit and drop rapidly.

Thus as you can see it is a rather complicated system.

And then the various dynamic properties of the gas is another variable.

From low to high pressure Airsoft Gasses (it is NOT all Green Gas)

R152A
R134A
Propane
R12
ET1000
ET1600
ET2200

So when you asked if it will lock back the bolt on the last shot after emptying the whole magazine and I used 134A and said, "no".

Switch to ET1600 and at 65 degrees....the answer would be, "yes!"
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Return to “Guns Discussion”