Tippmann M4

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

gadget
Still A Newbie

Tippmann M4

Post by gadget » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:42 am

I pre-ordered the Tippmann m4, jumping into the hpa systems. My understanding either the gun I shouldn't need a regulator, just the tank valve. But Airsoft Station recommended getting one. Thoughts on this. Also looking for recommendations for a coiled air line.

Thanks

Archer
MAA Member

Re: Tippmann M4

Post by Archer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm

AFAIK, you still need to have a regulator. even SLP tanks output at 300psi and that would be far too high for the gun.

I wouldn't recommend a coiled line personally, as they can be frustrating to deal with in my opinion. it's much easier to run a straight line through your gear then to try and weave a coiled line through.

I'd personally recommend a Ninja SLP tank and a Redline Regulator as its a bit smaller than the standard AMPED regulators and a little easier to deal with.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Archer wrote:AFAIK, you still need to have a regulator. even SLP tanks output at 300psi and that would be far too high for the gun.

I wouldn't recommend a coiled line personally, as they can be frustrating to deal with in my opinion. it's much easier to run a straight line through your gear then to try and weave a coiled line through.

I'd personally recommend a Ninja SLP tank and a Redline Regulator as its a bit smaller than the standard AMPED regulators and a little easier to deal with.
Thanks for the advice.

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:00 am

OK looking for more advice. If I decide to go with a co2 system, what tank would be recommended?

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:23 am

Go to the PolarStar Forum, the info you're looking for will be there.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:39 pm

not for CO2 tanks, because P*'s don't use CO2. You'll have to ask some P-Ballers about CO2 stuff...

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:45 pm

One that fits your needs.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:35 am

Archer wrote:not for CO2 tanks, because P*'s don't use CO2. You'll have to ask some P-Ballers about CO2 stuff...
Fair point, I saw CO2 and thought HPA.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:04 pm

gadget wrote:OK looking for more advice. If I decide to go with a co2 system, what tank would be recommended?
Co2 it really doesn't matter. Don't know what the air efficiency is on the Tippmann M4, but you might as well go with a 20oz tank.

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks. I want to keep the tank size small and keep a couple on hand to change out when needed. I also shot Tippmann and l an email this weekend, we'll see what I get back.

I only play our local field in Duluth. In hoping to hit DOA this winter at least once. Also hopefully the Lion Claws event will be in Duluth again next year

Touchette
MAA Member

Post by Touchette » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:59 am

gadget wrote:Also hopefully the Lion Claws event will be in Duluth again next year
Considering this past year's attendance, I wouldn't count on the LC game going back to the sanitarium.
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:09 am

Touchette wrote:
gadget wrote:Also hopefully the Lion Claws event will be in Duluth again next year
Considering this past year's attendance, I wouldn't count on the LC game going back to the sanitarium.
One can wish. Or at least try and keep it in Minnesota.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:41 pm

If they try again and give us more notice, then maybe the attendance might pick up a bit. I know that's what stopped me was that it was too many things at the same time with too short of notice.

gottabea1911
Almost A Regular

Post by gottabea1911 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 am

I used to paintball and I know very little about hpa airsoft set ups. I strongly advise not useing co2 for the same reasons paintballers don't there is little in the way of high end gear and it is more of a hassle to fill. I don't think you would get near as many shots out of co2.
your gun is as unique as you make it

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:21 am

gottabea1911 wrote:I used to paintball and I know very little about hpa airsoft set ups. I strongly advise not useing co2 for the same reasons paintballers don't there is little in the way of high end gear and it is more of a hassle to fill. I don't think you would get near as many shots out of co2.
I haven't purchase gear yet. Still waiting on the gun. Just researching still. I also need to figure out where I can get refilled here in Duluth, I'm sure my options are limited.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 am

Tank and I saw one...it fails with classic CO2 issues. Chill down on the 12g may only get you about 30 shots before the cartridge freezes up.

It is sad that Tippmann forgot the thermal dynamic properties of CO2 and thought that Airsoft would be viable with a CO2 FA shooter.

It also has FA issues. We are waiting to see if another model has the same issues. If it does...the first 500 has failed already.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Clipperz
Almost A Regular

Post by Clipperz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Dunhams used to and fishermen's corner (pike lake) can do CO2 fills. Superior firepower can do it too.
Team Wiggles
youthinkthisisagame DUDE!?!?-Convict

gadget
Still A Newbie

Post by gadget » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:12 am

Clipperz wrote:Dunhams used to and fishermen's corner (pike lake) can do CO2 fills. Superior firepower can do it too.
Thanks. I still may go hpa. Going to check with one of the local dive shops to see what they charge for fills. Hopefully the gun will ship this week.

gottabea1911
Almost A Regular

Post by gottabea1911 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:04 pm

gadget wrote:
Clipperz wrote:Dunhams used to and fishermen's corner (pike lake) can do CO2 fills. Superior firepower can do it too.
Thanks. I still may go hpa. Going to check with one of the local dive shops to see what they charge for fills. Hopefully the gun will ship this week.
if your going to get it use hpa tanks or 12 grams scuba shops can fill a hpa tank but most can only fill it up to 3000psi instead of the full 4500
your gun is as unique as you make it

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:12 pm

gottabea1911 wrote:I used to paintball and I know very little about hpa airsoft set ups. I strongly advise not useing co2 for the same reasons paintballers don't there is little in the way of high end gear and it is more of a hassle to fill. I don't think you would get near as many shots out of co2.
For the most part I agree. If you are planning on using full auto a decent amount, I'd go with HPA. Otherwise, as far as tank size (volume), Co2 actually gets more shots per cubic inch.
Archer wrote:If they try again and give us more notice, then maybe the attendance might pick up a bit. I know that's what stopped me was that it was too many things at the same time with too short of notice.
Yeah that would have helped, I was able to make things work, but I don't doubt that the short noticed caused a large number of people to be unable to attend.

Return to “Guns Discussion”