How Many AEGs is Enough?

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

Big_Smitty71

How Many AEGs is Enough?

Post by Big_Smitty71 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Just wondering how the more seasoned players deal with multiple AEGs. I currently own ONE (MK12 Mod 1 DBoys, few years old) but I'm looking at adding. Mainly for differing types of play (the Mk12 doesn't play nice at CQB) and such.

Although I'm new at airsoft, I'm not new at being prepared. I've only been out twice, but both times I've been able to help out total strangers (albeit teammates) with tools, ammo and other items. Compared to what I spent on my two paintball rigs, airsoft is pocket change (to a point).

This is what I'm currently looking at for weapons that I would generally bring with me to an event (one day, overnight, etc):

Mk12 Mod 1 DMR
AK-74 X Gen (CYMA)
MP5A4 or MP5A5
G36C

I also have a pair of sidearms that I have if the 1 v 1 pistol only matches start up and someone doesn't have one...

I know that all MAA sanctioned events require that weapons are carried in a gun bag/case into the staging area (holsters for pistols, etc). Would I necessarily need bags for all four? Not really an issue price wise, but would like to keep at least some of my trunk space usable for my other gear.

Thanks in advance.
EWC(SW) USN 1990-2005
Photo and IT Intel (VBSS)
Proud Member of the Mogadishu Surf Club (1993-1994)

Jonnyboyman
A Regular

Re: How Many AEGs is Enough?

Post by Jonnyboyman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:30 pm

You could always get a LBT warfighter bag to fit your guns and year into:
http://lbtinc.com/featured/enhanced-war ... t-bag.html

bikemancs
MAA Member

Post by bikemancs » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:37 pm

I fit 2 AKs and a SCAR into a standard "double rifle" case. Since weight isn't as much an issue compared to live firearms, you can pack more.

I really played with just an M4 and a pistol when I was very active. I bought and used two AKs for when I went to Irene, but that was the only use they've ever had. The only time I've had a need for a backup is when I was putting myself together virtually for a game right before I went to Iraq, I think it was Thunder. I used my SCAR, which went down, my pistol mags were busted up, and ended up borrowing a AEP. I ended up with a large number of 'kills' with that AEP.

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:03 pm

I have 3 viable primary markers. Two polarstars (one has two uppers) and a magpul PDR as a backup gun/gun for the girlfriend that is an AEG.

All of my guns are based off of STANAG magazines so i dont have to have multiple sets of magazines and different pouches.

One gun is short/slower for CQB, then the other has an upper that runs at field speeds for outdoor play and the other upper is set up for sniper speeds at fields that allow semi-auto snipers. What i use all depends on what game it is, where it is and how i feel like playing that weekend.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Big_Smitty71

Post by Big_Smitty71 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Jonnyboyman wrote:You could always get a LBT warfighter bag to fit your guns and year into:
http://lbtinc.com/featured/enhanced-war ... t-bag.html
I have that bag for my gear. Problem is my Mk12 is 42" from tip to tip. I'd have to pull the stock and suppressor to get it close to 30" leaving the Madbull barrel exposed.

I have some good stuff from LBT from over a decade ago when I was stationed in Norfolk. That stuff is built like a brick sh*thouse... still looks and functions as good today as when I was issued it.
EWC(SW) USN 1990-2005
Photo and IT Intel (VBSS)
Proud Member of the Mogadishu Surf Club (1993-1994)

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:34 am

Well...that is part of your issue there. You have an inner barrel that is really long. No need for it really...you can use a shorter barrel and then still use the "can" for looks and then take it down for transport.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:22 pm

I would say to have a backup piece for each of your primaries. (If that makes sense...)
Primary Field AEG and a backup Field AEG.
Primary CQB AEG and a back up CQB AEG.
And so on and so on.
I think I have now ended up having backups for my backups... DOH!

Basically, if one goes down, you want to have another to use while the first is being repaired.

Thats my 2 cents.

Return to “Guns Discussion”