semi automatic grenade launcher

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

LT.Dan

semi automatic grenade launcher

Post by LT.Dan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Okay guys I know this idea has probably been throwin around some on here but im looking for input. I want to make something similar to the mk-19 grenade launcher only semi automatic and either hopper or magazine fed. Have any of you tried this and failed/succeded? I need all the advice I can get because I do think this could be quite an awesome project that I could have a lot of fun with. All ideas accepted.

thanks,
Dan

Archer
MAA Member

Re: semi automatic grenade launcher

Post by Archer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

to make a true MK19 would require dumping massive amounts of funds into it due to the complex nature of a belt fed mechanism.... its not like a replica of an M2 where the box and belt is there just for looks and the BB's are still fed through a normal style tube. you'd actually have to get 40mm round links, and then have to design the mechanism to feed and cycle rounds out of that belt. and since MK19 spec drawings are restricted materials last I checked, good luck finding any sort of prints to base your design off of.

even then, the amount of material and machining work to do one properly make me shudder.

As cool as the concept is, unless a business started doing them, I really doubt we would ever see it. even then, I think it'd be so cost prohibitive that they'd likely go the way of the airsoft minigun.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Speedy McDemon
Still A Newbie

Post by Speedy McDemon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 am

A friend of mine has pulled me into a mk19 build. I knw it is going to be expensive and whatnot but It is going to be fun. Right now, we are in the design phase but hopefully we will start construction soon.

Though we havent decided what to shoot... the "shotgun" rounds or the foam ones

andre
MAA Member

Post by andre » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 am

Archer wrote:to make a true MK19 would require dumping massive amounts of funds into it due to the complex nature of a belt fed mechanism.... its not like a replica of an M2 where the box and belt is there just for looks and the BB's are still fed through a normal style tube. you'd actually have to get 40mm round links, and then have to design the mechanism to feed and cycle rounds out of that belt. and since MK19 spec drawings are restricted materials last I checked, good luck finding any sort of prints to base your design off of.
For an airsoft version of an Mk 19 you wouldn't necessarily need to have a complicated mechanism pulling the rounds through, you could pull them through by hand.
This would only be a replica wouldn't have to operate exactly like a real Mk19 it just needs to look and function similarly.

Let's say you build this, an Mk19 isn't exactly something you run around with at an open session, you'd want to mount it on a vehicle to maximize it's shooty goodness.
I just don't see this as something that would be practical or get used very often.

On the other hand if you plan on attending more large ops and bringing your own vehicle to mount this beast on it could be fun. :D

If this was something I was going to do, I'd try to build the 40mm links with kydex.
MAA member # 93,BATC Grad 05-10, Gun fighter level 1
http://www.ostfrontairsoft.com : Russian 198th Rifle Div.
Hero of The Soviet Union
Lion Claws veteran
Looking forward to the next MNSOC game.

LT.Dan

Post by LT.Dan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 am

thank you Archer. and I figured out something, the MK-18 Mod0 grenade launcher (NOT the rifle) is hand cranked. so I am figuring a simple cam and bolt mechanism so all it is is a bolt that is retracted and then pushed back in and this would work relatively simple. I could do a simple hopper design not too dissimilar to the Gatling gun of days old. so if the design worked well enough and was not too ridiculous on jamming I could develop a motor driven version and have that work. so thoughts on this?

Tank
Team PALADIN

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

Mastercoolguy123

Post by Mastercoolguy123 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:18 am

Check Airsoft society and type that into the search forum. I know a guy was building one from a 3D printer and put the specs up. It was a pretty cool design, ran off of belt fed 40mm grenades and was electric.
Take a look...

cobra
MAA Member

Post by cobra » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 am

its not automatic but I like the "China Lake"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8T35TnOMM

Slipmad
A Regular

Post by Slipmad » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Not as bad as that 7 year necro in the sales forum.
Snoipins a gud jawb m8.

Return to “Guns Discussion”