Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

Post Reply
User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Ive been a sniper for 6 years but have now decided to switch to the AEG world. If there are any AEG gurus out there i need help!!! in looking for an affordable m4 style AEG. and also was wondering if the ASGI upgrade service was a good idea http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1160 because i have no idea how to upgrade n AEG thanks for the help!!!
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:41 am
Location: Elk River

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by J-Muss » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 pm

000-Zero-000 wrote:Ive been a sniper for 6 years but have now decided to switch to the AEG world. If there are any AEG gurus out there i need help!!! in looking for an affordable m4 style AEG. and also was wondering if the ASGI upgrade service was a good idea http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1160 because i have no idea how to upgrade n AEG thanks for the help!!!
Talk to Master TCAA about guns, he has plenty of guns and can guide you through what you will need. His shop is in Otsego. He also does tech work/repairs, his work will be higher quality/cheaper then going through an online retailer.
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

Miker
MAA Member
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: Minnesota, St. Paul

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Miker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 pm

To mimic what J-muss said. MasterTCAA is a great local resource and will get you what you need.

You can go see what you want and feel safe with your purchase

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Miker wrote:To mimic what J-muss said. MasterTCAA is a great local resource and will get you what you need.

You can go see what you want and feel safe with your purchase
Is there any way to contact him on the forums? sorry...im new here haha
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

Miker
MAA Member
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: Minnesota, St. Paul

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Miker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm

000-Zero-000 wrote:
Miker wrote:To mimic what J-muss said. MasterTCAA is a great local resource and will get you what you need.

You can go see what you want and feel safe with your purchase
Is there any way to contact him on the forums? sorry...im new here haha
Yup his forum name is Master TCAA, his name will appear in red.

Just send him a private message.

User avatar
Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: Hugo, Mn

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Both Master TCAA and Isparkthela work on AEG gearboxes.
Guges MK3 for gas gun related issues.
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

User avatar
Bunny
MAA Member
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Burnsville, MN
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Bunny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 am

Why such a focus on upgrading your guns? Just get a decent AEG and leave it stock. Upgrading costs money and, for the most part, isn't necessary.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

User avatar
Archer
MAA Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Eagan, MN

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Archer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

Bunny wrote:Why such a focus on upgrading your guns? Just get a decent AEG and leave it stock. Upgrading costs money and, for the most part, isn't necessary.

Clark
I agree... but it, use it stock till it breaks, then replace the broken bits with upgraded bits when needed...
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Bunny wrote:Why such a focus on upgrading your guns? Just get a decent AEG and leave it stock. Upgrading costs money and, for the most part, isn't necessary.

Clark
better performance, longer life ect
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Eh_Well » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm

000-Zero-000 wrote:
Bunny wrote:Why such a focus on upgrading your guns? Just get a decent AEG and leave it stock. Upgrading costs money and, for the most part, isn't necessary.

Clark
better performance, longer life ect
There are guns that don't need any upgrades and will perform well for a long time. Also, a lot of upgrades will actually decrease the longevity of the gun.

User avatar
Sharpshot
MAA Member
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Sharpshot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I would definitely talk to TCAA then. You can likely talk to him about building the gun you want to have. I would check out his G&Ps if you want a gun that will have better performance than most stock

BATC Grad Class 05/10
Gunfighter Level 1
MAA Member # 101
One of the First Airsofters to have Skydived into an airsoft event

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Sharpshot wrote:I would definitely talk to TCAA then. You can likely talk to him about building the gun you want to have. I would check out his G&Ps if you want a gun that will have better performance than most stock
Alright thanks for the info..also KWA is known for top of the line but their CRQ MOD 1 is only 189. is it a trap?
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
Rabid-Weasel
MAA Member
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: Hugo, Mn

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Rabid-Weasel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Tokyo Mauri is top of the line.

G&G, KWA and a few other would be in the next tier.
Jim
~BATC Grad 05-10
~MAA Member #91

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Rabid-Weasel wrote:Tokyo Mauri is top of the line.

G&G, KWA and a few other would be in the next tier.
ahh thanks but is the CQR MOD1 a trap?
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

Miker
MAA Member
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: Minnesota, St. Paul

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Miker » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 pm

It is still made by KWA, that puts it above something like JG, even though it will have lower quality parts than higher end KWA.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Miker wrote:It is still made by KWA, that puts it above something like JG, even though it will have lower quality parts than higher end KWA.
yeah..its still got the x2 gen gearbox that all kwa has...but i think they got the price down by having a metal upper and polymer lower nd a few downgraded parts
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Eh_Well » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 am

A bit of misinformation in this thread, and some opinions are being stated as fact

First, I believe that it is important for you to understand that I am a big fan of KWA, but I will try to keep my bias out of this. None the less, don't take what I say as gospel, try to cut through the bullshit, no matter the source, look at the facts and make your own decision.
Miker wrote:It is still made by KWA, that puts it above something like JG, even though it will have lower quality parts than higher end KWA.
That may be somewhat true, however, what you are implying is a gross exaggeration. The internals are nearly exactly the same. The bearings are an older version, however still far superior to almost any other brand on the market (especially TMs), the gears are somewhat different, but still strong and high quality, and the cylinder has larger ports, which I think is a stupid way to get lower fps but that is neither here nor there (however, reportedly on newer CQRs they have revised that and started using a weaker spring instead, although I cannot confirm that from first hand experience). The only part that could be argued is significantly "lower quality" is the polymer lower receiver, but even that has its pros and cons.

See these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtoPRPTFNOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDyIASlGpo
Rabid-Weasel wrote:Tokyo Mauri is top of the line.

G&G, KWA and a few other would be in the next tier.
How do you figure that? TM has been greatly over hyped for years. Unless they have changed something drastically, I wouldn't call them superior to G&G and especially KWA. In fact, I consider them inferior. Tokyo Marui guns are made for a certain market, Japan, and that market exclusively. They feature polymer externals, as per Japanese law, and cheaper internals (plastic bushings, spring guide, etc.) because they are not tuned for extreme performance. 300 fps and a moderate rate of fire is the norm in Japan and their rifles and pistols (run on duster gas with plastic slides) reflect that. They are built extremely well, with a high level of skill by the technicians, but that doesn't mean they use the highest quality parts. They will last incredibly long provided they perform within the stock specs they were designed for. But most american airsofters will find that stock performance lack luster. So why not spend an equal amount, or even less, on a gun with far superior performance and only marginally worse durability?

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 am

Eh_Well wrote:A bit of misinformation in this thread, and some opinions are being stated as fact

First, I believe that it is important for you to understand that I am a big fan of KWA, but I will try to keep my bias out of this. None the less, don't take what I say as gospel, try to cut through the bullshit, no matter the source, look at the facts and make your own decision.
Miker wrote:It is still made by KWA, that puts it above something like JG, even though it will have lower quality parts than higher end KWA.
That may be somewhat true, however, what you are implying is a gross exaggeration. The internals are nearly exactly the same. The bearings are an older version, however still far superior to almost any other brand on the market (especially TMs), the gears are somewhat different, but still strong and high quality, and the cylinder has larger ports, which I think is a stupid way to get lower fps but that is neither here nor there (however, reportedly on newer CQRs they have revised that and started using a weaker spring instead, although I cannot confirm that from first hand experience). The only part that could be argued is significantly "lower quality" is the polymer lower receiver, but even that has its pros and cons.

See these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtoPRPTFNOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDyIASlGpo
Rabid-Weasel wrote:Tokyo Mauri is top of the line.

G&G, KWA and a few other would be in the next tier.
How do you figure that? TM has been greatly over hyped for years. Unless they have changed something drastically, I wouldn't call them superior to G&G and especially KWA. In fact, I consider them inferior. Tokyo Marui guns are made for a certain market, Japan, and that market exclusively. They feature polymer externals, as per Japanese law, and cheaper internals (plastic bushings, spring guide, etc.) because they are not tuned for extreme performance. 300 fps and a moderate rate of fire is the norm in Japan and their rifles and pistols (run on duster gas with plastic slides) reflect that. They are built extremely well, with a high level of skill by the technicians, but that doesn't mean they use the highest quality parts. They will last incredibly long provided they perform within the stock specs they were designed for. But most american airsofters will find that stock performance lack luster. So why not spend an equal amount, or even less, on a gun with far superior performance and only marginally worse durability?
Wow man this helped a lot! eventually after i get all my gear and get settled, later on i could get a different cylinder and spring to get around 330 or 350. but thats down the road. i was torn between the kwa CQR MOD1 or the G&G Combat Machine. but for long lasting and durability without upgrading, id rather chance it on the KWA
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Eh_Well » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Really the draw of KWA is their incredible performance and relative durability within that spec right out of the box without upgrades. TMs are what are known for their durability and will probably last longer, it just wouldn't be advisable to run them on a lipo like you can a KWA. All that being said, TMs are rather expensive when compared to the KWA cqr. I just hope the cqr didn't cut corners anywhere else that wouldn't be immediately apparent; if anyone has any information on that, or if I have misrepresented anything, do please chime in. As I said, my words are not gospel and I am certainly not infallible.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Eh_Well wrote:Really the draw of KWA is their incredible performance and relative durability within that spec right out of the box without upgrades. TMs are what are known for their durability and will probably last longer, it just wouldn't be advisable to run them on a lipo like you can a KWA. All that being said, TMs are rather expensive when compared to the KWA cqr. I just hope the cqr didn't cut corners anywhere else that wouldn't be immediately apparent; if anyone has any information on that, or if I have misrepresented anything, do please chime in. As I said, my words are not gospel and I am certainly not infallible.
Alright well i treasure your input and ill keep looking into the CQR, although it may be lacking field performance, it can always be upgraded
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
Guges Mk3
MAA Member
Posts: 8837
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2001 3:01 am
Location: MN

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Eh_Well wrote:Really the draw of KWA is their incredible performance and relative durability within that spec right out of the box without upgrades. TMs are what are known for their durability and will probably last longer, it just wouldn't be advisable to run them on a lipo like you can a KWA. All that being said, TMs are rather expensive when compared to the KWA cqr. I just hope the cqr didn't cut corners anywhere else that wouldn't be immediately apparent; if anyone has any information on that, or if I have misrepresented anything, do please chime in. As I said, my words are not gospel and I am certainly not infallible.
Ummm...not quite true. The Stock KWA hop-ups are lately having difficulty putting a good spin on bbs. People have been chucking the stock packing and replacing it with a grippier packing of another type.

TM's can run lipos with no issues, volts is volts. No matter if its from NIMH, NICD or LIPO. Just run the appropriate voltage lipo and you will be fine. Any 2S lipo in a TM is just fine.
000-Zero-000 wrote:Alright well i treasure your input and ill keep looking into the CQR, although it may be lacking field performance, it can always be upgraded
As for the concept and field or CQB or bolt action sniper rifle. There is no such classification of an AEG as one type or another. It is pure internet new player made up concept. 400fps is 400fps, no matter if its coming from a MP5K or a SG1. I have seen players use a MP5K in open field play and destoy other players at long range 70 yards at 400fps. And I have seen guys field an SG1 indoor with no issues and clear rooms with it, 325fps.

Get what appeals to you and do not worry about "size".
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:
Eh_Well wrote:Really the draw of KWA is their incredible performance and relative durability within that spec right out of the box without upgrades. TMs are what are known for their durability and will probably last longer, it just wouldn't be advisable to run them on a lipo like you can a KWA. All that being said, TMs are rather expensive when compared to the KWA cqr. I just hope the cqr didn't cut corners anywhere else that wouldn't be immediately apparent; if anyone has any information on that, or if I have misrepresented anything, do please chime in. As I said, my words are not gospel and I am certainly not infallible.
Ummm...not quite true. The Stock KWA hop-ups are lately having difficulty putting a good spin on bbs. People have been chucking the stock packing and replacing it with a grippier packing of another type.

TM's can run lipos with no issues, volts is volts. No matter if its from NIMH, NICD or LIPO. Just run the appropriate voltage lipo and you will be fine. Any 2S lipo in a TM is just fine.
000-Zero-000 wrote:Alright well i treasure your input and ill keep looking into the CQR, although it may be lacking field performance, it can always be upgraded
As for the concept and field or CQB or bolt action sniper rifle. There is no such classification of an AEG as one type or another. It is pure internet new player made up concept. 400fps is 400fps, no matter if its coming from a MP5K or a SG1. I have seen players use a MP5K in open field play and destoy other players at long range 70 yards at 400fps. And I have seen guys field an SG1 indoor with no issues and clear rooms with it, 325fps.

Get what appeals to you and do not worry about "size".
Size doesnt matter to me. I just heared it shoots a little too low for field use as it is a cqb weapon
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
SeawolfIV
A Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by SeawolfIV » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Honestly, if you're going to upgrade the internals, get a gun with externals to your taste for as cheap as possible, as long as it has TM compatibility. I have ~10k rounds through a Umarex G36 that I planned to run to the ground, then build up (still stock), so its not like even crappy guns don't have some life in them.

With that, you could get an absolute monster of a JG (10:1 Siegtek DSG, good motor, etc etc) with modest externals for around the price of a new KWA, G&G or G&P.
Light a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night; light a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Winnie the Pooh wrote:Oh brother
as he chambered another round.

User avatar
Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Eh_Well » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:
Eh_Well wrote:Really the draw of KWA is their incredible performance and relative durability within that spec right out of the box without upgrades. TMs are what are known for their durability and will probably last longer, it just wouldn't be advisable to run them on a lipo like you can a KWA. All that being said, TMs are rather expensive when compared to the KWA cqr. I just hope the cqr didn't cut corners anywhere else that wouldn't be immediately apparent; if anyone has any information on that, or if I have misrepresented anything, do please chime in. As I said, my words are not gospel and I am certainly not infallible.
Ummm...not quite true. The Stock KWA hop-ups are lately having difficulty putting a good spin on bbs. People have been chucking the stock packing and replacing it with a grippier packing of another type.

TM's can run lipos with no issues, volts is volts. No matter if its from NIMH, NICD or LIPO. Just run the appropriate voltage lipo and you will be fine. Any 2S lipo in a TM is just fine.
Ah sorry, that was too vague. I remember when lipos were only used for high speed set ups and people mainly used 11.1s so I have that association stuck in my mind. That's true, lipos are much more mainstream now and there is one for any gun. What I should have said, to be more correct, is that I wouldn't run a high voltage battery, such as a low resistance 11.1v lipo, in a TM. Mainly due to the plastic bushings as they could melt.

In regard to the hop up, I have heard that. Also TM hop ups are undoubtedly good. However, the hop up bucking is an incredibly cheap and easy upgrade to do, and one of the first things I change on any stock gun.
Guges Mk3 wrote:Get what appeals to you and do not worry about "size".
That is good advice. Just get what appeals to you. Many things can be done to a gun afterward.
Last edited by Eh_Well on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 pm

SeawolfIV wrote:Honestly, if you're going to upgrade the internals, get a gun with externals to your taste for as cheap as possible, as long as it has TM compatibility. I have ~10k rounds through a Umarex G36 that I planned to run to the ground, then build up (still stock), so its not like even crappy guns don't have some life in them.

With that, you could get an absolute monster of a JG (10:1 Siegtek DSG, good motor, etc etc) with modest externals for around the price of a new KWA, G&G or G&P.
So basically go with something like a G&G gr16 with ris rails, wait for it to break, then upgrade everything?
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
SeawolfIV
A Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by SeawolfIV » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah, if you're going to upgrade it for performance, then you won't want to keep many stock parts.

IMO I'd go with a JG, because I prefer the feel of metal. I've never held a GR16, but you should try to hold them and see which one wobbles, creaks, etc more. Although I honestly don't see the point in getting a GR16...I see it as a plastic bodied gun with meh internals for the price of a metal bodied gun with meh internals.

But here's what I'd get, if I could afford it. SR16- ambi controls, forged body, best out of the box GBBR on the market <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tuqzo_k-Y
Light a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night; light a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Winnie the Pooh wrote:Oh brother
as he chambered another round.

User avatar
J-Muss
MAA Membership Officer
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:41 am
Location: Elk River

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by J-Muss » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:18 pm

SeawolfIV wrote:I see it as a plastic bodied gun with meh internals for the price of a metal bodied gun with meh internals.

Good plastic > Shitty pot metal
MAA Membership Officer
I was born to be a pessimist... my blood type is "B-Negative"
MAA Member #111
Team BANGARANG!

User avatar
Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Eh_Well » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:25 pm

J-Muss wrote:
SeawolfIV wrote:I see it as a plastic bodied gun with meh internals for the price of a metal bodied gun with meh internals.

Good plastic > Shitty pot metal
Plus, plastic is lighter. Which can be both good and bad, but it is certainly easier to carry.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

SeawolfIV wrote:Yeah, if you're going to upgrade it for performance, then you won't want to keep many stock parts.

IMO I'd go with a JG, because I prefer the feel of metal. I've never held a GR16, but you should try to hold them and see which one wobbles, creaks, etc more. Although I honestly don't see the point in getting a GR16...I see it as a plastic bodied gun with meh internals for the price of a metal bodied gun with meh internals.

But here's what I'd get, if I could afford it. SR16- ambi controls, forged body, best out of the box GBBR on the market <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tuqzo_k-Y
Gas blowback? ewww. id like to stay with an ENBB if possible
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Eh_Well wrote:
J-Muss wrote:
SeawolfIV wrote:I see it as a plastic bodied gun with meh internals for the price of a metal bodied gun with meh internals.

Good plastic > Shitty pot metal
Plus, plastic is lighter. Which can be both good and bad, but it is certainly easier to carry.
yeah for sure. I like metal,but sometimes a polymer body can be the exact same
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
SeawolfIV
A Regular
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by SeawolfIV » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 am

BTW, I have heard good things about the Lonex AEG line.

I know that Lonex makes good parts, although I do not believe that they use their premium products on those. They also have a self shimming system for gears :x . Whatever, at least it is easily removed (take washer+spring off gear axle).

They do, however, have a very good motor. Apparently the piston and externals are good, but it costs more than a GR16.

http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php ... x&cPath=48
Review
http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/inde ... 1#msg96501
Light a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night; light a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Winnie the Pooh wrote:Oh brother
as he chambered another round.

User avatar
Guges Mk3
MAA Member
Posts: 8837
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2001 3:01 am
Location: MN

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Self-shimming gears? That is a VFC design...
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Guges Mk3 wrote:Self-shimming gears? That is a VFC design...
Interesting... :wink: :wink:
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 pm

SeawolfIV wrote:BTW, I have heard good things about the Lonex AEG line.

I know that Lonex makes good parts, although I do not believe that they use their premium products on those. They also have a self shimming system for gears :x . Whatever, at least it is easily removed (take washer+spring off gear axle).

They do, however, have a very good motor. Apparently the piston and externals are good, but it costs more than a GR16.

http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php ... ex&cPath=4
Review
http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/inde ... 1#msg96501
Hmm...anything over 200 is a little out of my price zone cause I still gotta buy all my gear and nessessities
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

User avatar
IsparkTheLa
MAA Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Maple Grove

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by IsparkTheLa » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Everyone has a like for a certain AEG and a dislike for others. Personally, I would never buy a KWA. They offer an overpriced product with delusional marketing backed with questionable engineering. BUT, they have proven to be decent out of the box performers IF left stock. So if you are willing to shell out that kind of cash with the intent to always leave it stock, then a KWA would be a decent choice.

I never been one to condone upgrading to new(er) players. I want to be clear about that.

I have always favored G&P aeg's. But they are not good out of the box performers. My very first AEG was a G&P and it actually made it a year before taking a dump. I then had two fail within the first 2,000 rounds. Now, when I get a brand new AEG, I immediately gut it and replace parts that are prone to fail. Like I said before, I don't encourage new players to do this, it's all personal preference.

I would recommend talking to Guges MK3 about brokering this AEG. He may know for sure, but all of the externals should be standard G&P, which means very nice. Being that it's priced substantially lower, the gearbox will reflect that and differ from higher end models. From my experience, G&P components have always followed Tokyo Marui "spec" and done well with accepting after market parts. So what I am saying is, G&P may not be the best shooter out of the box, but with a few key part swaps and some tuning.....you will have a stronger performing gun for less cost then a KWA.
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/pro ... m=category
Today's problems cannot be solved if we still think the way we thought when we created them.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

IsparkTheLa wrote:Everyone has a like for a certain AEG and a dislike for others. Personally, I would never buy a KWA. They offer an overpriced product with delusional marketing backed with questionable engineering. BUT, they have proven to be decent out of the box performers IF left stock. So if you are willing to shell out that kind of cash with the intent to always leave it stock, then a KWA would be a decent choice.

I never been one to condone upgrading to new(er) players. I want to be clear about that.

I have always favored G&P aeg's. But they are not good out of the box performers. My very first AEG was a G&P and it actually made it a year before taking a dump. I then had two fail within the first 2,000 rounds. Now, when I get a brand new AEG, I immediately gut it and replace parts that are prone to fail. Like I said before, I don't encourage new players to do this, it's all personal preference.

I would recommend talking to Guges MK3 about brokering this AEG. He may know for sure, but all of the externals should be standard G&P, which means very nice. Being that it's priced substantially lower, the gearbox will reflect that and differ from higher end models. From my experience, G&P components have always followed Tokyo Marui "spec" and done well with accepting after market parts. So what I am saying is, G&P may not be the best shooter out of the box, but with a few key part swaps and some tuning.....you will have a stronger performing gun for less cost then a KWA.
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/pro ... m=category
Is G&G good when left stock? i dont plan on upgrading till it breaks..
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

Miker
MAA Member
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: Minnesota, St. Paul

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by Miker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 pm

The link was for a G&P? and for a straight up awesome price too.\

Like I said before, people have had good luck with the G&G combat machines out of the box.

You honestly never know if your AEG was assembled correctly, until it breaks or you open it up and see. The quality of parts will hardly matter if the assembly was horrendous.


To go off on what he said about G&P being compatible.. Externally they can be very picky with mags and they have different threading for the barrel nut, and they have large body pin holes. Their external parts are pretty top notch in the airsoft world though, and the G&P M120 motor is pretty amazing.


As IsparkTheLa said, all of us have opinions. You are being told lots of different things, and for the most part it probably doesn't matter. Some high end guns are dead out of the box, and some clones last for years.


you really just need to determine a price point, decide what model gun you prefer and buy it.

User avatar
000-Zero-000
A Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota

Re: Need Help Finding An AEG!!!

Post by 000-Zero-000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Miker wrote:The link was for a G&P? and for a straight up awesome price too.\

Like I said before, people have had good luck with the G&G combat machines out of the box.

You honestly never know if your AEG was assembled correctly, until it breaks or you open it up and see. The quality of parts will hardly matter if the assembly was horrendous.


To go off on what he said about G&P being compatible.. Externally they can be very picky with mags and they have different threading for the barrel nut, and they have large body pin holes. Their external parts are pretty top notch in the airsoft world though, and the G&P M120 motor is pretty amazing.


As IsparkTheLa said, all of us have opinions. You are being told lots of different things, and for the most part it probably doesn't matter. Some high end guns are dead out of the box, and some clones last for years.


you really just need to determine a price point, decide what model gun you prefer and buy it.
220< and definately an AR-15 platform. ill take a look at some G&Ps though
What's wrong with young guys playing airsoft? Nothing!
Fully upgraded VSR-10
Looking for a GBB Pistol
Kennedy High School
Friends Before Foes

Post Reply

Return to “Guns Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests