It's rather gorgeous!

Discuss your favorite Airsoft weaponry.

Moderators: THE ARCHANGEL, Guges Mk3

siuss

It's rather gorgeous!

Post by siuss » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 am

So I was on Arnies and stumbled upon Real-Sword making an SVD, I know quite a few people here even have expressed interest in getting an SVD so I figured I would post it. Anyway the only thing I caught that was off was the scope they put on, I mean seriously RS couldn't spring for that awesome mount we've all seen and love?

http://www.realsword.com.hk/news_12.htm

*Edit* I guess they do have the awesome mount. Didn't look too close I guess. :mrgreen:

McClane
MAA Event Officer

Re: It's rather gorgeous!

Post by McClane » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 am

It will be mine!
Team DOLPH
YIPPIE-KI-YAY MUTHAF*CKER

DFSM
MAA Member

Post by DFSM » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 am

That's pretty awesome, depending on the price I'll get one.
TEAM LFN™: Hot stuff, coming through...

Jin
Posting King

Post by Jin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:16 am

Very progressive indeed!
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :mrgreen:

Nice that there will finally be an option for SVD lovers other than the quite expensive and rare AtoZ/King Arms SVD springer. An AEG isn't exactly the best platform for a sniper rifle, but I'll let it slide on this one since the real SVD shoots semi auto and the only way to achieve that is with an AEG gearbox or gas system... and an AEG sounds a lot more sensible for practical skirmishing than a GBB system. Although a GBB SVD that didn't suck (unlike the G&P) would have surely been awesome.

Still though, way to go RS. I imagine they're gonna sell boat loads of these things... quite literally. :lol:
MAA Member #83
Every once in a while, when they aren't getting incinerated in lava, crushed under rock slides, or devoured by dragons, goblins experience moments of unmitigated glory in battle.

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm

It looks good. I wonder how much it will cost.... If it's just one arm and one leg I can do w/o the right arm and the left leg.
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

"Stand Still! How can I shoot you if you keep moving!"

"My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"

Shodan
MAA Member

Post by Shodan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Just three questions-

1- How much will it cost?
2- What's the deal with the mags? hicap/locap? Price?
3- Where's my freakin ASS Val and Bizon?
BATC Grad 5-09
"Youthinkthisisafkkingame DUDE?!?"

kamon02
Almost A Regular

Post by kamon02 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:06 pm

This looks like it could shape up to be rather interesting. From what I hear RS quality is spot on, so I am not worried about that. However, on the flyer it says "Super long capacity cylinder". I wonder if that means it will have a PSG1 style cylinder/gearbox combo that will allow for faster shots or a completely new design all together (im thinking a new design)? Also, it looks like they will be making two variations; a "modern version" and a "RS SVD". The second one looks like you could convert it to a VSS with a little effort and know how.

edit: There has already been a Bizon conversion kit made, and if I remember correctly a (very expensive) full AEG version as well.
Team BANGARANG!

Shodan
MAA Member

Post by Shodan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:14 pm

kamon02 wrote: edit: There has already been a Bizon conversion kit made, and if I remember correctly a (very expensive) full AEG version as well.
As a rule of thumb, i will not buy a toy that costs the same as a used car. Therefore, it doesnt exist in my book.
BATC Grad 5-09

kamon02
Almost A Regular

Post by kamon02 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Ha ha, ok you got me on that one Shodan.
Team BANGARANG!

Chaser

Post by Chaser » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Jin wrote:Very progressive indeed!
Although a GBB SVD that didn't suck (unlike the G&P) would have surely been awesome.
The G&P can be modded to be quite effective, and has even been modified beyond field legal speeds for "range plinking". It comes out to I think around $1100, although with the ban on importing parts, I'm not sure how that'd work with the G&P being made from true SVDs.
~Chaser

B-money

Post by B-money » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 pm

siuss wrote:So I was on Arnies and stumbled upon Real-Sword making an SVD, I know quite a few people here even have expressed interest in getting an SVD so I figured I would post it. Anyway the only thing I caught that was off was the scope they put on, I mean seriously RS couldn't spring for that awesome mount we've all seen and love?

http://www.realsword.com.hk/news_12.htm

*Edit* I guess they do have the awesome mount. Didn't look too close I guess. :mrgreen:
Very Sweet gun, the guy in the ghillie suit looks like Jackie Chan 8)

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:57 pm

That "is" Jackie Chan.

I am beginning to sense another paper release. Way to much "Marketing" for a gun that has not been released yet.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

B-money

Post by B-money » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm

How do the Real Sword guns compare to any other high-end guns? Is it just a lot of good marketing, or are they really something special?

Being made in china, I would guess they are not as good as a TM, but I am wondering if any Real Sword owners have a different opinion.

Shodan
MAA Member

Post by Shodan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 am

Sorry to necro, but i spotted the Redwolf videos of this gun. Fairly interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_S6o_0 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ze2poR_L80
BATC Grad 5-09

Eh_Well
Exceptionally Regular

Post by Eh_Well » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 am

I think the necro is permissible in this situation, I can't seem to figure out if this gun is out yet or not, so I'd say this thread is still relevant. Anyone know when retailers get these babies in? I'm excited to see some reviews from real consumers.

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:11 pm

woah. notice how there's no room for a battery above the mechbox? Is the SVD receiver not as tall compared to the AK or is this because they said it'd have a larger bore cylinder? Or both?
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim."

MCXL
Beyond Regular

Post by MCXL » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:45 pm

I cant remeber which one it was, but one pres release showed all 3 versions they are making.

Old wood, Newer solid stock (New version) and the SVDS with the folding stock.
THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN...

Wolfe
A Regular

Post by Wolfe » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:13 pm

That's a real good-looking gun. Anyone else see the video where they shoot toothpicks with it from 10 yards? Very Awesome gun. Perhaps the begging of a new generation of guns. :D
Country before self
Officially an Eagle Scout

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Not to necro post, and though it is to a site many frequent dialy, here's something I found

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airso ... odID=25797
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airso ... odID=25795

Jin
Posting King

Post by Jin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Cool stuff! $750 + HK S&H is a little higher than I was expecting, but honestly not bad at all considering you get a proper SVD scope with it.

What really stuck me as slightly odd was something in Redwolf's description of the product...

"Blowback : YES"

I'm guessing this might be a typo on Redwolf's part, since in all the prerelease videos I've seen of this SVD I never saw or heard anything mentioned about a blowback system. Still though, potentially interesting.
MAA Member #83
Every once in a while, when they aren't getting incinerated in lava, crushed under rock slides, or devoured by dragons, goblins experience moments of unmitigated glory in battle.

fadedcorona
Extraordinarily Regular

Post by fadedcorona » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:23 pm

well the 750 also includes the optics.

Return to “Guns Discussion”