Aeg vs gbb

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Monarch416

Aeg vs gbb

Post by Monarch416 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 pm

A newb question for a newbie player.. so I know this question is probably beating a dead horse but I think the information is worth it. Whats better? Specifically for Minnesota and Wisconsin. I love realism and I know how expensive gbbs are but considering the ever changing real steel laws and outlook of things to come. I'm looking for as close of a replacement as I can get.. I know the recoil isnt the same and nether is the performance as real steel but I digress. How do they compare against each other? Pros/cons, performance,reliability,upgrades and upkeep,weight etc.. any and all opinions appreciated..

gottabea1911
Almost A Regular

Re: Aeg vs gbb

Post by gottabea1911 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:01 pm

As a gerneral rule aegs are cheaper more relyable and easier to maintain. As far as wieght I've never seen a airsoft gun thats the same as a real gun. Another good thing to keep in mind is bbs preform nothing like real bullets so you will probably want to keep more then 30 rounds to a mag.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
your gun is as unique as you make it

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:09 am

GBBR's are fun gimmicks that can be used 2-4 months out of the year... the mags cost 5x as much, hold 1/3rd the ammo and require 10x the maintenance to keep them working properly.

There are plenty of guns, both AEG and GBB that weigh close to their real counterparts (E&L AKs come to mind) but they usually are a bit spendier but are also more durable in the long run.

Airsoft is great for training for physical mechanics with real steel (reloading, stance, form, trigger control, movement) but there is nothing that can replicate the recoil and noise level that a real firearm brings to the table.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Haydenhawk

Post by Haydenhawk » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Archer wrote:GBBR's are fun gimmicks that can be used 2-4 months out of the year... the mags cost 5x as much, hold 1/3rd the ammo and require 10x the maintenance to keep them working properly.

There are plenty of guns, both AEG and GBB that weigh close to their real counterparts (E&L AKs come to mind) but they usually are a bit spendier but are also more durable in the long run.

Airsoft is great for training for physical mechanics with real steel (reloading, stance, form, trigger control, movement) but there is nothing that can replicate the recoil and noise level that a real firearm brings to the table.
I agree if you want to stay in the game with out having to preform maintenance go with a aeg. On the other hand if you want more (realism) I say this with quotation because like archer stated nothing really comes close to a real fire arm and not to mention you will be paying more for less either way go with what makes you the happiest in game and rember if you want to keep the cost down h&k makes a nice g36c with Electric blowback (aeg with blowback) it's a pretty cool gun and won't brake the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:50 pm

With certain Gas guns. You can Run Ice Pick Valves to allow you to run down to 32 degrees with no loss in velocity and functionality.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Return to “General Airsoft”