MN pro paintball May 1st

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Haydenhawk

MN pro paintball May 1st

Post by Haydenhawk » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 am

Hello I'll start this off by saying sorry if I'm posing in the wrong section new here. I'm just getting in to the sport from paintball. Is any one going to be at the game at MN pro paintball may 1st 12:00 to 6:00. Like I said I am new and just bought my first gun. I was wondering if any one on the forms would be there and could help get started as in does and dont's. Thank you for reading have a nice day and see you may 1st

Touchette
MAA Member

Re: MN pro paintball May 1st

Post by Touchette » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:37 am

Hayden,

First off, welcome to the sport.

While I will not be heading out to MN Pro PB on the 1st, I can still give you some safety pointers when you're at the field and you should be able to find some people at the site the day off that can give you more field specific advice, just be social.

1) Make sure you have proper eye protection, that means goggles the provide a full seal around your eyes (thought I imagine you're used to that coming from PB). I would also assume that I don't need to tell you to keep the goggles on at all times while on the field (can't tell you how many times I've had to remind people to do that).
2) Invest in a barrel blocker (barrel condom) if you don't already have one, I'd assume that MN Pro PB will have some for sale, and always have the barrel blocker on when you're not on the playing field.
3) Make sure to take your mag out and clear the chamber of any BB's prior to leaving the playing field.
4) Bring a dead rag (red rag/towel/cloth/handkerchief/whatever) for when you're hit. Make sure to call your hit right away, loudly, so that the shooter knows they hit you and stop shooting at you.
5) Avoid the close range shots when you can, and remember that some fields have specific rules on engaging at close ranges that you will need to follow.

That's pretty much the gist of the big ticket safety items, otherwise just listen to the briefing, follow the rules, and have some GD fun.

Edit: If you haven't already, you can also check out the MAA's FB page, here, and MN Pro PB's page, here
Touchette
(Pronounced Two-Shay)

Haydenhawk

Re: MN pro paintball May 1st

Post by Haydenhawk » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Touchette wrote:Hayden,

First off, welcome to the sport.

While I will not be heading out to MN Pro PB on the 1st, I can still give you some safety pointers when you're at the field and you should be able to find some people at the site the day off that can give you more field specific advice, just be social.

1) Make sure you have proper eye protection, that means goggles the provide a full seal around your eyes (thought I imagine you're used to that coming from PB). I would also assume that I don't need to tell you to keep the goggles on at all times while on the field (can't tell you how many times I've had to remind people to do that).
2) Invest in a barrel blocker (barrel condom) if you don't already have one, I'd assume that MN Pro PB will have some for sale, and always have the barrel blocker on when you're not on the playing field.
3) Make sure to take your mag out and clear the chamber of any BB's prior to leaving the playing field.
4) Bring a dead rag (red rag/towel/cloth/handkerchief/whatever) for when you're hit. Make sure to call your hit right away, loudly, so that the shooter knows they hit you and stop shooting at you.
5) Avoid the close range shots when you can, and remember that some fields have specific rules on engaging at close ranges that you will need to follow.

That's pretty much the gist of the big ticket safety items, otherwise just listen to the briefing, follow the rules, and have some GD fun.

Edit: If you haven't already, you can also check out the MAA's FB page, here, and MN Pro PB's page, here
Thank you. I am getting a barrel bag soon I have most of what you said alredy thanks.

Return to “General Airsoft”