Airsoft dying or what?

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

beanz27
A Regular

Airsoft dying or what?

Post by beanz27 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:00 pm

I haven't been around here in a few years, 2011 I believe was the last time I was on. At that time, this place was waaay busier then it is now, which leads me to my question:

Is airsoft dying in MN or are most of the old forum members just not coming on much anymore? I recognize a few names, but I noticed some of the old people that were on here are gone completely, no profiles or anything. That and this subsections last post was from April....whats going on around here?

I also noticed that about 1/3-1/2 of our mods or admins either haven't been on in weeks or months, or they haven't posted anything in years. People are losing interest it seems.
Is it Harley time yet?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: Airsoft dying or what?

Post by Guges Mk3 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

No...people have migrated to Facebook.

Others have left because they were put in their place and were rather hurt...but most are on the MAA Facebook page.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Trippy
MAA Member

Post by Trippy » Wed May 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Yup, mostly on Facebook. It's kind of sad, really: The format of Facebook really doesn't lend itself to any proper discussion. The group can only talk about two or three things at a time, so stuff often revolves around what-gun-is-best type posts.
Morris Team
BATC 0509 Honor Grad
The Fastest Airsofter in Minnesota

beanz27
A Regular

Post by beanz27 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Trippy wrote:Yup, mostly on Facebook. It's kind of sad, really: The format of Facebook really doesn't lend itself to any proper discussion. The group can only talk about two or three things at a time, so stuff often revolves around what-gun-is-best type posts.

Well I'm glad to hear it isn't dying, but I am sad that it is on Facebook now mainly. Especially with your point Trippy, can't actually discuss multiple topics.
Is it Harley time yet?

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:29 am

It is the nature of current society....
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 am

In truth, Airsoft is bigger than ever in this state....but in order to reach the players social media plays a bigger part than these types of boards.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Return to “General Airsoft”