Shot Show

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

Unknown Boom
Still A Newbie

Shot Show

Post by Unknown Boom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:22 pm

So I know Gabe and a few other MAA Members were able to go to shot this year and I was just kind of curious if they saw anything that stood out in particular or if anyone else cared to share something.
-Francis
---------------------------------
G&P LMT M4 (Polarstar)
KWC 1911
VFC Glock 42
Echo 1 MP5

Tank
Team PALADIN

Re: Shot Show

Post by Tank » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Airsoft wise....Not a ton of new/interesting stuff, so & so has this "new" M4 or that "new" AK but it's mostly just a gun they already make with a "new" rail, or stock, or whatever.

That said, here's some stuff people might find somewhat interesting....

G&G will be releasing an M1 Garand AEG and a Gas M1903. Both will be available in chrome or black with real wood stock. (More info at/after IWA)

ICS has a "limited edition" M1 Garand AEG in 8mm and shitty gold paint, in a decorative wooden box/crate for $1000 (Regular 6mm version in black is $550). Did I mention that the gold one looks like shit?
I told them that if they had the 8mm in Black and w/o the wood crate, I'd give them my credit card info on the spot but they have no interest in producing an 8mm version that someone would ACTUALLY buy. They looked at me like I spontaneously grew a second head when I told them I wanted the 8mm in black. In fact, the guy I was talking to actually said "WHY would you want that?". (WTF?!?! What do mean why would I want that? I've been waiting for over a DECADE for someone to produce an 8mm AEG.)

Polar Star and UMAREX have some sort of arrangement in that UMAREX will be distributing certain models with a P* engine installed. Didn't get the specifics, but I assume that means there will be a 416, G36 , and maybe MP5 with HK trades and a P* engine.

Tippmann was very interested to hear about the problems with their airsoft M4. They assured me that they have already made some changes and that if people got a shitty one (which is everyone I know that got one) Tippmann will replace it with a brand new gun. Also they have 3 different barrel lengths available now.

Evike is probably going to get sued by Glock because they are selling GBB Glock replicas with Salient Arms trademarked slides.

Several companies are selling/shipping Green Gas in the old (illegal) big cans claiming that the cans are DOT approved (which they are but NOT for propane). At least they're selling/shipping until the DOT catches up with them.

If you have a KWA KRISS vector you own a collector's item, and that in the very near future you will be completely SOL if you need parts. KWA and KRISS and completely parted ways. (One KWA rep told me it was like a bad divorce.) KWA cannot produce any more parts. Once their parts inventory is gone, it's gone forever. They are already out of several parts.

Probably the most interesting airsoft related product I saw was this...
Z-shot is coming out with a speed loader that, if the prototypes are anything to go by, will be AWESOME. It makes that stupid-ass "Elite Force SL14" look even more like dog shit than it already does (which I wasn't sure was actually possible). It's supposed to hold 2000 rounds, fit in a double M16 mag pouch, AND load a 120 mid cap in about 2 seconds. 1st one will be M16, with other models to follow.

I think that cover just about everything worth mentioning.
MAA Member Number: 47
Team PALADIN
MAA BATC Instructor / Cadre

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Re: Shot Show

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 pm

The new WWII G&G guns weren't even finished, they were literally samples but they still looked cool. CO2 is silly but they will fit a niche.
Tank wrote: Probably the most interesting airsoft related product I saw was this...
Z-shot is coming out with a speed loader that, if the prototypes are anything to go by, will be AWESOME. It makes that stupid-ass "Elite Force SL14" look even more like dog shit than it already does (which I wasn't sure was actually possible). It's supposed to hold 2000 rounds, fit in a double M16 mag pouch, AND load a 120 mid cap in about 2 seconds. 1st one will be M16, with other models to follow.
My only concern with this is, like with the new G&G guns, we saw the 3d printed sample. When we asked about what type of gears would be inside the sales guy gave us a blank look. Plastic gears will suck as jams and the inevitable full make causes a feed lock and if the person winding the mag is an idiot they can break plastic gears VERY easily. We've seen it with many older models. They couldn't answer our questions but it;s something to verify when they hit market. Plastics gears could still be fine but people will need to learn how to use them I think he said two cranks of the wheel was a loaded mid cap....that is pretty cool.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Return to “General Airsoft”