How not to act at an Airsoft Event

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

ty2610
Somewhat Regular

Post by ty2610 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:56 am

The video gives complete context. Take it as you will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IesNa1JQ2wA
~Captain America
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ty2160
Subscribe!

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: How not to act at an Airsoft Event

Post by Guges Mk3 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am

Really...an Evike Production?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:09 am

Its neither here no there who exactly produces the mask.... the grit of the matter was that persons behavior.

While im not a huge fan of these "callout" style of videos, I do think that this one was tastefully done, and showed that even while this person was being a tad unreasonablethat you stayed calm and delt woth it fairly well. Kudos to you for that. Most of these videos just degrade into shouting matches and attempting to get "revenge" on the offending player.

The cheating claim is a bit difficult to substantiate because there is no direct video of BBs actually hitting him and him not calling it. While the sound is something, its jusy not enough to say for sure.

The incident rounding the corner where you caught him off guard was an excellent point and a good one that was made with video proof. Many many time ive come around corners and caught people with their pants around their ankles and they have tried to say they knew Iwas there and coming around the corner. This kid nearly jumped out of his skin when you rounded on him, he clearly had no idea where you were coming from. But good on you for not making a scene and just taking the walk back to spawn.

This is the sort of behavior in general that needs to be squashed be the field refs/owners before it starts to get out of hand. If someone is heated and is threatening physicality upon someone they eother need to sit out and cool off or be done for the day.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

Shaggy1

Post by Shaggy1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:56 am

My question is, if the mask has mesh eyeholes, which are not legal at DOA if I remember right, and he wore no eye protection underneath the mask, why was he allowed to take the field at all? How come it was not reported to the refs?

ty2610
Somewhat Regular

Post by ty2610 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

This isn't an Evike Production. I was looking around for a picture of the yellow mask, and Evike had a good one.
~Captain America
Subscribe!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:01 am

DOA has player refs so they ref while they play or sit out and ref/organize as needed. This video should be shown to Jason, owner of DOA. This is the kind of guy that will ruin a day of Airsoft for everyone as well as give DOA a bad rep so they need to know so they can watch for this guy in the future.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

Gotchya
MAA Member

Post by Gotchya » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:34 am

The guy that made the video did a really good job i think. Well thought out and not over exaggerated.

Myself and Cheddar were both at DOA the same day this was recorded but we left just before they played these games. I have to say that i agree with the person who made this completely. I don't want to get into this too much, but i have to say that my experience there was pretty sub par...

- chrono was done in the main staging are into a basket (as far as i could tell) with no goggles, guns handed back not on safe.
- literally no instruction or briefing. none. didnt know any rules until after/during the first game.
- very tight field even for cqb and ive had plenty experience with the sort
- multiple times there were people with mags in, no barrel covers, and dry firing (a few times i just had to walk out because people where dry firing directly at me)
- the owner was there while all of this was going on (he seems like a nice enough guy but really needs to police some sort of safety)
- i witnessed a lot of blatant blind firing

and to be honest a few more things but i don't have interest in typing much more right now lol

$20 for an indoor session, not bad. IMHO, way too small though... the two fields combined, MAYBE half the size The Facility was.
Many of the players were friendly, honest and cool headed, also good.
BUT the lack of structure and staging area environment is enough to send any experienced player out the door.

I personally don't plan to go back there.
This is the kind of guy that will ruin a day of Airsoft for everyone as well as give DOA a bad rep so they need to know so they can watch for this guy in the future.
From what i could tell, Yellow mask guy seemed like a regular...
MAA Member #105
I... am... Ironman... rih nuh nih nuh nih na nah naah naaah
Team BANGARANG!

IsparkTheLa
MAA Member

Post by IsparkTheLa » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am

DOA has been in operation for what, 8 months now? These complaints on rules and regulations are pretty basic stuff that should be easy to implement. They must not be concerned because, that should be plenty of time to make changes if they desired to do so.

Come back Facility....please....pretty please?
Today's problems cannot be solved if we still think the way we thought when we created them.

ty2610
Somewhat Regular

Post by ty2610 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Whatever happened to The Facility? I saw it a while ago being open, but i never had the chance to make it out there.
~Captain America
Subscribe!

THE ARCHANGEL
MAA President/CEO

Post by THE ARCHANGEL » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 pm

ty2610 wrote:Whatever happened to The Facility? I saw it a while ago being open, but i never had the chance to make it out there.
It went out of business due to lack of interest, primarily during the Summer, which is when ALL INDOOR PLACES FAIL.

I firmly believe in dedicated and active staff. DOA has a more streamlined way of running games. I would rather he run things by more known standards but it is his place. I know he's been having a rough time of it the last few weeks but I think this has more to do again with the time of year than how he runs things.
MAA Founder, President, & CEO
MAA Member Number: 1
Team PALADIN Founder
BATC Senior Instructor
BATC Graduate 08-02
ATAC Award for Service

SeawolfIV
A Regular

Post by SeawolfIV » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Where exactly is DOA? I played paintball a week ago or so, and want to try airsofting again.
Light a fire for a man, he'll be warm for a night; light a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Winnie the Pooh wrote:Oh brother
as he chambered another round.

Shaggy1

Post by Shaggy1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Off 280, between minneapolis and St. Paul

Return to “General Airsoft”