Red dot sights that don't get washed out in snow?

Post about anything relating to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderator: THE ARCHANGEL

gmzamz

Red dot sights that don't get washed out in snow?

Post by gmzamz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 am

Anyone have any suggestions for a red dot sight, preferably styled after an eotech, that doesn't get washed out in the snow on a sunny day? It seems like all of mine are invisible, even when on the highest brightness.

Guges Mk3
MAA Member

Re: Red dot sights that don't get washed out in snow?

Post by Guges Mk3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 am

Which clone model are you buying?
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

Magkill
A Regular

Post by Magkill » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:57 pm

You will want one with a powerful laser or one that doesn't project a large image on to the glass like a normal reflex eotech would. But guges knows more about that so I won't go too In depth on it. I don't think an eotech styled reflex sight is right for you if you already have that problem but It depends on what you are already using, for example you might have a really bad reflex sight already and that problem is only due to the fact that it is really bad quality and any normal reflex sight would be an Improvement over the one you already have.

First of all what kind of sight are you already having a problem with. Second what's your budget because not all replicas are cheap they can be $120+ to $60. And lastly I suggest going to a store for this one then you can compare your current one to others to make sure you will not have the same problem again.
Code name: magkill

Team: Task Force Pallaton

Weapon of choice g&g gr-25

Archer
MAA Member

Post by Archer » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:10 pm

A sight that is visible in daylight on white snow can be difficult to find. even some of the legitimate sights I've used can have issues if the brightness can't go high enough.
Task Force Echelon - Click and like our facebook page!
OP IRENE X - T.F. Ranger - Charlie Company 1-3 Medic
OP IRENE XI - Somali Freedom Fighters 3-1 Medic
TCA Giant Airsoft Game I & II - Midwest Alliance General

gmzamz

Post by gmzamz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 pm

THIS is what I have right now.

Budget is flexible. I would rather have something high quality, than something cheap, so $75 to $125 (ish).

Bunny
MAA Member

Post by Bunny » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:30 am

I've had very good experiences with my Primary Arms red dots. They tend to have very bright dots that I've never had a hard time seeing in bright daylight. They're reasonably rugged too, I use them on some of my real-steel rifles as well.

Clark
MAA Member 70. BATC Grad 05-10. Chicago Swordplay Guild Member - Ferrum non Verbum.
Morris Team - The Bearded One

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:12 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7728

I used one of these, for a while. Worked well for somewhat bright light.

Also check out this video, At about 4 minutes they start to get in to this hole "Light" problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB4UT3eFBTs

I also have one of these! I have never used these with snow on on the ground, but I'm going to assume that a green dot will be brighter than a red.
LEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY JIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!

DasOmen
Still A Newbie

Post by DasOmen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Magkill wrote:You will want one with a powerful laser or one that doesn't project a large image on to the glass like a normal reflex eotech would. But guges knows more about that so I won't go too In depth on it. I don't think an eotech styled reflex sight is right for you if you already have that problem but It depends on what you are already using, for example you might have a really bad reflex sight already and that problem is only due to the fact that it is really bad quality and any normal reflex sight would be an Improvement over the one you already have.

First of all what kind of sight are you already having a problem with. Second what's your budget because not all replicas are cheap they can be $120+ to $60. And lastly I suggest going to a store for this one then you can compare your current one to others to make sure you will not have the same problem again.

I have both an Eotech clone and an AIM point red/green/blue dot sight, I ended up on a better quality EO clone, fixed the problem. Buying cheap isnt the way to go I guess.
LEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY JIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKKIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!

Return to “General Airsoft”